[last call feedback] Last Call of Web Crypto API; deadline May 20

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 19:19:12 -0700
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>, public-webcrypto-comments@w3.org
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 12:31 PM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com> wrote:
> WebApps was asked to review the Last Call Working Draft of the Web Crypto
> API:
>
>   <http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-WebCryptoAPI-20140325/>
>
> Individual WG members are encouraged to provide individual feedback.

I don't really have the crypto chops to do anything more than a
superficial review here, so just a couple of pieces of feedback:

Should Key be a dictionary rather than an interface?

Same question for KeyAlgorithm and anything that derives from it. It
looks like these interfaces just provides a bunch of properties.
Unless it also stores internal data (?) it looks like this would be
better done as a dictionary.

The fact that KeyAlgorithm is a [NoInterfaceObject] further indicates this.

/ Jonas