Fallout of non-encapsulated shadow trees

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 15:17:01 +0200
To: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
I'm still trying to grasp the philosophy behind shadow trees.
Sometimes it's explained as "exposing the primitives" but the more I
learn (rather slowly, this time at BlinkOn) the more it looks like a
bunch of new primitives.

We cannot explain <input> still, but since we allow going inside the
shadow tree we now see the need for a composed tree walker (a way to
iterate over a tree including its non-encapsulated interleaved shadow
trees). In addition we see the need for a composed range of sorts, so
selection across boundaries makes sense. Neither of these are really
needed to explain bits of the existing platform.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/