[charter] Joint work with TAG on their Packaging on the Web spec?; deadline May 21

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 14:46:25 -0400
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
CC: Peter Linss <peter.linss@hp.com>
[ Bcc: www-tag; please Reply-to: public-webapps ]

Hi All,

In case you did not know, the TAG has been working on a "Packaging
(format) on the Web" spec [1]. They have an initial draft they believe
is ready for FPWD [2]. However, due to the IP constraints of the TAG's
charter, they cannot currently publish this on their own and would like
to form a joint task force with WebApps to publish and advance this spec
on the REC track. They will continue to provide resources to work on the
document, and, of course, they are also happy to have the input of
others and would welcome collaboration with WebApps.

Please note this joint work would be similar in structure to the URL
spec which we previously agreed would be added to WebApps' new charter
[3] and the work done jointly with the TAG.

If you have any comments, please send them by May 21 at the latest. We
are also interested in +1 type replies so we can a sense about who
supports this proposal.

NOTE: in the absence of any non-resolvable feedback, this proposal will
carry i.e. [3] will be updated to include this joint spec.

-Thanks, AB

[1] https://github.com/w3ctag/packaging-on-the-web
[2] http://w3ctag.github.io/packaging-on-the-web/
[3] http://afbarstow.github.io/WebApps/charter.html