Re: [push-api] Object values in push messages

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 10:39:54 -0700
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>, EDUARDO FULLEA CARRERA <efc@tid.es>, "SULLIVAN, BRYAN L (ATTCINW)" <bs3131@att.com>, Doug Turner <dougt@mozilla.com>
On 14 May 2014 02:35, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
> Yes, you need some kind of framing. You still haven't elaborated on
> why we'd need something as complex as MIME (I take it you mean
> full-blown HTTP payloads).

I want better integration with the web, not better compatibility with
websockets.

Though functionally speaking a single bit designating text or binary
would suffice, I think that that means MIME, despite its drawbacks.

This might help with context:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thomson-webpush-http2-00