Re: Blob URL Origin

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 11:19 AM, Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com> wrote:
> And really, all user agents seem to agree that the origin is that of the
> settings object today. That model seems to work. The remaining question is
> the pro and con of denoting this in the URL's syntax. abarth's advice is to
> put the syntax horse in front of the origin cart:
> http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20140508#l-913

We definitely want to put the origin in the URL's syntax. The only
reason Gecko can get away with not doing that is because we are
single-process. But that's not something we want to impose on other
browsers.

I think the main issue to figure out is the exact syntax. I.e. if it's
ok that things like ':' and '//' appear in the URL. Given that Anne
said that it was I think the most obvious answer here is to use URLs
like:

blob:https://cantaloupe.org/e55f2c33-f000-4e88-b89c-874ae09e7f93
blob:http://example.com:8080/e55f2c33-f000-4e88-b89c-874ae09e7f93

/ Jonas