Re: [push-api] Object values in push messages

From: Peter Beverloo <beverloo@google.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 17:13:16 +0200
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>, EDUARDO FULLEA CARRERA <efc@tid.es>, "SULLIVAN, BRYAN L (ATTCINW)" <bs3131@att.com>, Doug Turner <dougt@mozilla.com>
There is a current, not yet implemented proposal to change the type of
|data| to DOMString. This also allows for cases in which the UA cannot read
the message's content, which could be the case when encryption is being
used. JSON data would still be perfectly possible, but it has to be
deserialized before usage.

It was discussed to use ArrayBuffers for this purpose, but that makes it
significantly harder to deal with data in the common case.

Thanks,
Peter