Re: Blob URL Origin

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 5/12/14, 5:28 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> so blob:https://origin:42/uuid would be fine.
>
> I'd really rather we didn't make web pages parse these strings to get the
> origin.  A static method on Blob that takes a valid blob: URI and returns
> its origin seems like it should be pretty easy for UAs to implement, though.

I thought the idea was to associate the origin of
URL.createObjectURL() with the Blob object (which might be different
from the Blob object's origin). And then for <iframe> etc. only allow

It seems this could also be achieved via other means, such as scoping
the minted uuids to a particular origin.

And I guess it protects against someone handing you a URL and you
assuming loading that is safe. Again, seems like that could be
achieved by scoped uuids if we think it's desirable.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/