Re: [Gamepad] Liveness of Gamepad objects

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 16:32:59 +0100
To: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>
Cc: Ted Mielczarek <ted@mozilla.com>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 4:24 PM, Domenic Denicola
<domenic@domenicdenicola.com> wrote:
> If the snapshot approach is chosen, I think it would be best to rename the Gamepad interface to GamepadSnapshot. Without that change, the live approach seems a lot more natural.

DOM nodes are live. That is, you keep getting back the same copy, and
bits of such as attributes can change over time. I think that is
generally the pattern we follow throughout the platform. Notifications
API being an exception of sorts due to its cross-realm nature.

I think the main problem with making a Gamepad live is that the
lifetime of the object has to be lifetime of the associated global.
Otherwise GC can be observed through expandos.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/