Exception APIs feedback

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 13:46:14 +0100
To: public-tracking-comments@w3.org
Cc: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
Both http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/drafts/tracking-dnt.html#exceptions-javascript-api
and http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/drafts/tracking-dnt.html#exceptions-ww-javascript-api
are inadequate. They need to allow for an asynchronous permission
check. In other words, return a promise.

Also, within platform APIs we call "URI" URL.

You have not defined cookie-like domain string.

To back up a bit, has this API been discussed with people familiar
with other permission APIs? We generally avoid things like
"explanationString" or "siteName" as they are open to abuse. Also,
putting "String" in the member name seems redundant.

This API does not seem ready at all. Are there any implementations of it?

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/