Re: Starting work on Indexed DB v2 spec - feedback wanted

On 4/17/2014 5:41 PM, Kyle Huey wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 2:10 PM, Dale Harvey <dale@arandomurl.com> wrote:
>> No features that slow it down, as with Tim I also implemented the same thing
>> in node.js and see much better perfomance against straight leveldb, with
>> websql still being ~5x faster than idb
>
> Do you have benchmarks for this?  When we've profiled IndexedDB
> performance for Gaia apps in the past the issue is invariably that the
> main thread event loop is busy and IndexedDB's responses have to go to
> the end of a long line.

I would hazard a guess that some of SQL's more feature rich constructs
allow you to do more in a single API call.  This could mean you need to
hit the event loop less often to accomplish the same amount of work in
many cases.

Just a theory.

Ben