Re: Starting work on Indexed DB v2 spec - feedback wanted

My IndexedDB wishlist:

Ability to enumerate databases, I dont particularly want or care about the
transactional integrity of the api, if someone deletes a database while I
am in a callback in which I think it exists, meh

Change events / Observers, right now I have to fake it via localstorage

A transactional model that isnt tied to the event loop, sometimes I want to
do async things inside the transaction like converting to an ArrayBuffer
etc, I would like to open with an option to have the transaction stay open
till its explicitly closed

No features that slow it down, as with Tim I also implemented the same
thing in node.js and see much better perfomance against straight leveldb,
with websql still being ~5x faster than idb

I dont have any concrete suggestions, but making the transactional states
more visible would help, I have seen pretty much everyone errantly use
.put().onsuccess(function() { yay do stuff, to either lose data by assuming
the write is completed or get in a confusing state trying to open new
transactions. (see step 3 -
http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/indexeddb/todo/)

I think its also worth (and fairly trivial) to implement sugar syntax for a
key value storage like https://github.com/mozilla/localForage, as a large
amount of usage I have seen just wants to store some simple data and not
deal with transactions, object stores and schema migrations

Cheers
Dale