Re: [custom elements] Improving the name of document.register()

I like defineElement a lot too. I think it gets to the heart of this method's potential - the ability to define your own elements.

 - Maciej

> On Dec 11, 2013, at 6:46 PM, Dominic Cooney <dominicc@google.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 5:17 AM, piranna@gmail.com <piranna@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have seen registerProtocolHandler() and it's being discused registerServiceWorker(). I believe registerElementDefinition() or registerCustomElement() could help to keep going on this path.
>>
>> Send from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
>>
>> El 11/12/2013 21:10, "Edward O'Connor" <eoconnor@apple.com> escribió:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The name "register" is very generic and could mean practically anything.
>>> We need to adopt a name for document.register() that makes its purpose
>>> clear to authors looking to use custom elements or those reading someone
>>> else's code that makes use of custom elements.
>
> I support this proposal.
>
>>> Here are some ideas:
>>>
>>> document.defineElement()
>>> document.declareElement()
>>> document.registerElementDefinition()
>>> document.defineCustomElement()
>>> document.declareCustomElement()