Re: Call for Exclusions: DOM Parsing and Serialization

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Charles McCathie Nevile
<chaals@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 17:21:20 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
> wrote:
>> Since when did we start putting the onus on the reviewer that her or
>> his feedback is captured?
>
> Before I started working with W3C in the mid 90's (although as noted below
> it is part of a set of checks and balances).

Given the scarcity of quality review that seems bad.

> Indeed. And we expect the editor to do that to the best of their ability. In
> the past, where editors were actually editing a document that was produced
> more directly by the whole Working Group, the group itself also assumed some
> of that function.
>
> But editors are not infallible, and the new model Working Group tends to be
> less hands-on about directing the editor. I believe largely at the perceived
> behest of a handful of high-profile editors such as yourself.
>
> So in practice the necessity for a commenter to check that their comment was
> understood correctly and correctly acted on has become a little more
> prominent in the overall balance of how things are done.

Sad to learn this is how WebApps tries to run things. Both as editor
and reviewer I find this unacceptable.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/