Re: Refactoring SharedWorkers out of Web Workers W3C spec

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 20:14:35 +0100, Travis Leithead
<travis.leithead@microsoft.com> wrote:

> During TPAC 2013 in Shenzhen, I took an action item [1][2] to remove
> Shared Workers from the W3C Web Workers spec [3] in order for the spec
> to pass the first of the two stated CR exit criteria in the spec itself.

I'm afraid that won't be enough; if you two implementations passing all
approved tests you need to remove the spec for dedicated workers also.
Safest is probably to remove the whole spec and all the tests, then we'll
have 100% pass rate.

Seriously though, I really don't understand the motivation here. I'd
rather we remove the first exit criteria than try to punch conformance
holes in the spec for failing tests.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software