Re: [webcomponents] Inheritance in Custom Elements (Was Proposal for Cross Origin Use Case and Declarative Syntax)

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com> wrote:
> In fact, why do we even bother to add any new API at all for web components
> if our primary target was framework authors.  Ember.js, Angular JS, etc...
> all work great already because they add an abstraction layer on top of DOM.
> As currently argued by many representatives of Google, we'll be adding a
> bunch of APIs for frameworks to define declarative syntax, etc... each of
> which may or may not be interoperable with one another thereby making it
> impossible for us to later introduce one unified API.  If that were true,
> then web components specifications don't satisfy the previously claimed goal
> of letting multiple frameworks and libraries to co-exist at all.

Responding to an "I don't think we need to add that much sugar right
now" opinion with a "Well then why bother adding any sugar at all?!?"
is never helpful.  This is not an all-or-nothing thing, it's a search
for the right level of sugaring to bake into the browser.

~TJ