Re: Styling form control elements

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Scott González <scott.gonzalez@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Brian Di Palma <offler@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I did mention that these would probably be turned into reusable
>> components in widget libraries.
>> If they hope to be used by developers I see no reason why the issues
>> you raised would not be addressed by those libraries.
>

> Are you aware of libraries addressing these issues today? As mentioned
> multiple times already, there is nothing to inform a developer what UI/UX
> will be most effective. This is why the best we can do right now is leave
> certain devices alone while using custom UIs for other devices. But we don't
> know (in code) which devices those are.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you I think places like
http://component.io/ have some nice widgets.
Some of which are able to play nicely in both mobile and desktop
environments, they might be simple i.e.
http://component.io/ghinda/css-toggle-switch but they can do the job.
It doesn't seem a significant hurdle to create your own or to use a
third party control if browser's aren't as flexible as required.
It's not ideal either though.