Re: [HTML Imports]: Sync, async, -ish?

(way behind, slowly catching up...)

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Daniel Buchner <daniel@mozilla.com> wrote:

> Steve and I talked at the Chrome Dev Summit today and generated an idea
> that may align the stars for our async/sync needs:
>
> <link rel="import" elements="x-foo, x-bar" />

+1. I think this is the right default: async by default, and the wrong
thing to do (i.e. blocking) requires additional code and explicit opt-in.
If you end up with a super-long elements list (as shown by dfreedm@), then
that also serves as a great indicator that you're likely doing it wrong --
you have too many blocking elements and a performance liability on your
hands.