Re: [HTML Imports]: what scope to run in

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 9:10 PM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org> wrote:
> In fact, the list of concerns that Jonas listed is specifically addressed by
> modules. So, my thinking is that why don't we leave imports alone and let
> the modules solve these problems? HTML Imports is a higher-layer vehicle --
> it simply allows you to build a dependency tree out of HTML files. In turn,
> HTML Imports use modules to apply proper scoping of scripts. And everybody
> is happy :)

Except as the specification is currently written, I don't see a way to
do that. I.e. the only way the imported page can "communicate" back to
the main page is by interacting with its global.

I definitely agree that we shouldn't re-invent modules. I think we
should take advantage of what ES6 already invents. But currently I
don't see how that's possible.

Feel free to provide an example showing that I'm wrong. I'm happy to
simply rely on ES6 modules if that's somehow possible. I just don't
see how that's possible with the current spec.

/ Jonas