Re: Why no TypeError in FileReaderSync.readAsArrayBuffer

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 12:08 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 5:57 AM, Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com> wrote:
>> In this particular case, I think it's the right behavior: FileReaderSync
>> expects a valid File or Blob reference, and isn't able to identify one, so
>> says one isn't found.
>
> No, NotFoundError is for when some search is unsuccessful but
> necessary.  Looking at the type of an argument doesn't seem like a
> search without a *lot* of stretching.  It's a TypeError, if you're
> going to throw anything.

Agreed. But that's actually what's already specified. Per the WebIDL
in the spec a TypeError must be thrown if something other than a Blob
is passed to any of the FileReaderSync methods.

Sounds like a bug in the Chrome implementation if that's not what happens.

/ Jonas