[xhr][xhr-1] status and plans

Hi,

As planned, we editors prepared XMLHttpRequest Level 1 [1] as a
Recommendation track version. Initially, we'd planned to put together a
draft with only the parts that are *already compatibly* supported across the
major implementations, but it turned out that most of the major features are
showing *subtle differences* in behavior. Hence, we'd rather endeavored to
secure wider test coverage [3] and analyzed the compatibility issues [4]
(underway). From this point on, we plan to make efforts in resolving these
compatibility issues and move the spec forward to LC(within this
year)-CR-REC. The only features left out - due to lack of implementation or
maturity - are:
  - data: URLs
  - responseType "json"
  - anonymous flag and XMLHttpRequestOptions dictionary

For the bleeding-edge version [2], we need further discussion in direction
as Anne recently revised the WHATWG spec [5] in terms of Fetch spec [6].

[1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/raw-file/tip/xhr-1/Overview.html
[2] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/raw-file/tip/Overview.html
[3] http://w3c-test.org/web-platform-tests/master/XMLHttpRequest/
[4] http://jungkees.github.io/XMLHttpRequest-test/