Re: [gamepad] Seeking status and plans

On 10/14/2013 3:34 PM, Marcos Caceres wrote:
> Hi All,
> The Gamepad API was briefly discussed at the LXJS conference.
>
> See:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekvaKmVfjtc&t=5m30s
>
> It seems at least one developer is very unhappy with it.
>
> Have we received any other feedback from developers about it? Has any effort been made to reach out to other developers to get feedback?

Thanks for the pointer. I watched that portion of the video and it's not
very constructive feedback. I'll reach out to him (considering he's a
coworker) and see if I can find out more specifics.

We heard from quite a few developers while implementing the first draft
of the API and they were overwhelmingly in favor of the current design.
I haven't heard much in the way of feedback from developers actually
testing the implementation we've shipped, so it's possible there are
issues with it in practice. I'd definitely like to hear more we declare
things finished.

-Ted