Re: Overlap between StreamReader and FileReader

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 12:41 AM, Aymeric Vitte <vitteaymeric@gmail.com>wrote:

>  Did you see
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2013JulSep/0593.html ?

Yes. This example seems to be showing how to connect only producer/consumer
APIs which support Stream. Right?

In such a case, all the flow control stuff would be basically hidden, and
if necessary each producer/consumer/transformer/filter/etc. may expose flow
control related parameter in their own form, and configure connected
input/output streams accordingly. E.g. stream_xhr may choose to have large
write buffer for performance, or have small one and make some backpressure
to stream_ws1 for memory efficiency.

My understanding is that the flow control APIs like mine are intended to be
used by JS code implementing some converter, consumer, etc. while built-in
stuff like WebCrypt would be evolved to accept Stream directly and handle
flow control in e.g. C++ world.

----

BTW, I'm discussing this to provide data points to decide whether to
include flow control API or not. I'm not pushing it. I appreciate if other
participants express opinions about this.