Re: [XHR] statusText, status and network errors

On 9/20/13 7:28 AM, Simon Pieters wrote:
> (I'm not sure where the spec says that the above case is a network
> error, though.)

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/raw-file/tip/Overview.html section 4.6.7
lands us in "Otherwise, follow the cross-origin request steps and
terminate the steps for this algorithm." because the origins are
different.  Then we end up at
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#cross-origin-request-steps
and then at http://www.w3.org/TR/cors/#cross-origin-request where
presumably "If for some reason the user agent does not want to make the
request terminate this algorithm and set the cross-origin request status
to network error."  In this case the "some reason" is "I have no idea
what to do with this scheme".

-Boris