Re: [XHR] Content-Length header for data: URLs

From: Hallvord Steen <hsteen@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 16:24:39 -0700 (PDT)
To: piranna@gmail.com
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
> Are you saying it's possible to use 'data:' requests with XHR? What's
> the sense for this? The data is already on the client...

You can indeed, in browsers that (more or less) support spec: http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#data:-urls-and-http

Don't know if there are that many use cases but I guess you could easily get a blob from a base64-string, or use it as a more or less convenient XML parser if all you have is a URL-encoded string of XML source text.. :-)
Hallvord R.