Re: [clipboard] typo in WebIDL

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 10:06 AM, James Greene <james.m.greene@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 18, 2013 10:42 AM, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM, James Greene <james.m.greene@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Remember that the URL referenced is not for the latest version of this
>> > spec.
>> > Correct URL:
>> >    http://www.w3.org/TR/clipboard-apis/
>>
>> If the URL includes TR/, it's not the correct URL.
>
> I'm lost. Is there an explanation of this somewhere?

Things on /TR have a very strong precedent of being drastically
out-of-date and riddled with errors, because the W3C publication
process is still painful enough (and used to be even more painful)
that it's annoying to publish consistently.  You should nearly always
be looking at the Editor's Drafts instead - thus the refrain "TR is
short for TRash".

~TJ