Re: Making selectors first-class citizens

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 4:45 PM, François REMY <
francois.remy.dev@outlook.com> wrote:

> If we add "matchesSelector" as an official alias to "matches" the same way
> "querySelector" and "querySelectorAll" will be aliases to "query" and
> "queryAll" soon, it should be possible to drop the prefixed version. This
> is possible, according to my definition of possible.

Sorry about this being off-topic, but since query() keeps coming up as a
comparison, I think this is a relevant question:

query() and queryAll() are going to be aliases? I thought the new names
were being created to fix the mismatch between how web developers think and
how querySelector() works, specifically only matching from within the
context.