Re: Extending createObjectUrl to MediaStream?

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 6:31 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 12:29 AM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
> wrote:
> > What are your use-cases where they're not the same? More importantly,
> what
> > are the use-cases where they cannot be made the same by the developer?
>
> E.g. embedding a widget for video or audio manipulation. The widget
> could be written by a third-party of sorts.

The widget would not only have to be written by a third party, but actually
hosted on their domain. And not just optionally, but for some reason the
widget provider has decided not to allow the author to host it on their own
domain.

Sure, it could happen, but it seems somewhat far-fetched to me. On the
other hand, allowing MediaStream graphs to span domains could have
potentially far-reaching consequences. I don't see any need to rush into
this.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*