Re: Extending createObjectUrl to MediaStream?

On 09/03/2013 10:27 AM, Stefan Håkansson LK wrote:
> On 2013-09-03 01:29, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
>> What are your use-cases where they're not the same? More importantly,
>> what are the use-cases where they cannot be made the same by the developer?
> E.g. the main page delegating communication to someone else (perhaps via
> an iFrame). If the MediaStream is a transferable object the incoming
> MediaStream can be transferred to the main page, which in turn can
> control layout and rendering.

One interesting thing about a MediaStream is that it's got multiple
links to the world around it. In particular, it can be connected to
multiple downstream objects.
This means that what happens to its peers when one transfers it has to
be defined.

For instance, if MediaStream were transferable, could I do this?

GetUserMedia(....., success, failure)

function success(stream) {
    myVideoTag.srcObject = stream
    stream.transfer(myWorker)
}

and after this - would the video stop playing (because the stream is
gone from my context), or not?