Re: [XHR] Event firing order. XMLHttpRequestUpload then XMLHttpRequest or reverse

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Takeshi Yoshino <tyoshino@google.com> wrote:
> Change on 2010/09/13
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest-2/Overview.src.html.diff?r1=1.138;r2=1.139;f=h
> reversed the order of event firing for "request error" algorithm and send()
> method to XHRUpload-then-XHR.
>
> send() (only loadstart event) and abort() method are still specified to fire
> events in XHR-then-XHRUpload order. Is this intentional or we should make
> them consistent?

We should make them consistent in some manner. Firing on the main
object last makes sense to me. It also makes some amount of conceptual
sense to do the reverse for when the fetching starts, but I feel less
strongly about that.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/