Re: [webcomponents]: When <element> is having a bad time

The linking stage would be a stage where all that happens is the
registration of custom elements.
No custom element code would execute, there is no need to dereference
the parent prototype.
All that happens is the loading of resources.

ES6 modules are meant to handle dependencies, it's in their design.
So instead of depending on a global custom element you hope has been
loaded you can import a HTML module.
Referencing an unbound global variable will throw a SyntaxError.

ES6 modules will also have a linking stage.

https://gist.github.com/wycats/51c96e3adcdb3a68cbc3