Re: ::part Additions

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 6:32 AM, Bronislav Klučka
<Bronislav.Klucka@bauglir.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since new paradigm conserning Custom Pseudo Elements have been introduced
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2013AprJun/0985.html
> (part 5)
>
> I'd like to suggest few additions/changes:
>
> 1/ ability to style nested shadow dom elements

We discussed this in a previous meeting (surfacing nested component
parts, either automatically or via a switch) but I don't recall what
the conclusion was.  Dimitri?

> 2/ change of part attribute from DOMString to DOMTokenList

This sounds all right.  part='' is already class-like, since multiple
elements can have the same part='' value.  The example at your page is
pretty compelling about this ability's usage.  I guess ::part() would
also expand to taking a list of idents.

> 3/ ability to create complex selectors using ::part

Interesting!  I guess it would just surface a synthesized tree based
on only the elements that contain part=''?  That is, two elements
would have a parent-child relationship (and thus be selectable with
the > combinator) if they were the closest elements with part='', even
if there were other elements between them?  Like:

~TJ