Re: Biblio references and authors Re: RfC: LCWD of Web Socket API; comment deadline October 21

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 10:37:24 +0200, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:
> Might be good if we stop including the name of authors in the references
> (because they do tend to change quite a bit over time). The reference
> document is hyperlinked, so what is the use case for including the
> author in a reference? I only see (very limited) value in stating if
> something is a work in progress, and the name of the organization that
> produced the document.

Probably more value in the author than the organization or whether it is
finished or not, indeed. But I would be fine with just a title and URL.
Updating references is a pain. The reminder emails are even worse.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/