Re: [FileAPI] FileReader.abort() and File[Saver|Writer].abort have different behaviors

On 9/21/11 8:07 PM, Eric U wrote:
> Update: I have made the changes to FileWriter/FileSaver's event
> sequences; they now match FileReader.
> That's not to say it won't change pending discussion, but FileWriter
> should continue to match FileReader whatever else happens.
>
>        Eric
Eric:

After reading this email thread, and looking at your changes, I think
I'll make the following changes:

1. Tighten requirement on onprogress such that we mandate firing *at
least one* progress event with a must.  Right now this is unclear as you
point out, not least of all because we don't mandate the user agent
calling onprogress.
2. Include a discussion of the invariants Jonas mentions [1], so that
event order is fleshed in the event section.
3. Clarify exceptions to the 50ms event dispatch timeframe (notably for
progress events before load+loadend).

To be clear, you've decided we're NOT going to veer from XHR2's
abort/open behavior (and thus what FileReader says now) in
FileWriter/FileSaver right?

Is this a good summary of changes that we should make?

-- A*
[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011JulSep/1512.html