Re: [File API] opaque string

> On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 06:22:05 +0200, Arun Ranganathan
> <arun@mozilla.com> wrote:
>> On 8/14/11 6:00 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>> Why can you not use characters legally allowed in IRIs?
>>
>> You can; they have to be escaped.
>
> Yeah sure, every URI is an IRI, but that is not what I am asking.

I'm sorry, I think I'm not understanding you very clearly :(  The spec.
currently specifies what can be an opaque string for blob: URIs.  Also,
the spec. says that special characters (e.g. "#") should be escaped, so
that the fragment isn't confused with characters in the opaque string
production.  Other special characters should be escaped as well.  What
problem have you identified with this, and what should we be doing
instead to solve it?

> I also noticed that "Use Cases for a New Scheme" is actually only
> listing requirements, not use cases. Maybe it should be renamed?

Agreed!  I will rename it "Requirements for a New Scheme."

-- A*