Re: Storage Quota API

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com> wrote:

> The callback style is prevalent in the File API, as well as IndexedDB. It
> seems quite fitting to me. Am I missing something?
>
> They are using vendor prefixing (WebKit).
>
> From what I read, WebSQL is temporary: I've not confirmed this.
>
> I'm super surprised that Chrome treats IDB as temporary. That seems like a
> major WebKit bug.

The storage policy is not a function of webkit. Chrome policies are distinct
from Safari or any other webkit based browsers.

> The enum style is also borrowed from
> FileSystem. I'd rather have strings too, but I've accepted the 0/1 enum
> values from File API as the way things are going to be.
>
> Any ideas on how to express temp v. Perm to IndexedDB?

There is no way to express that for IDB, ditto for WebSQL or AppCache. The
only storage api in which Perm can be expressed is in FileSystem. It's
possible to make a way to say "perm" for other types. We feel pretty
strongly that there's value in being able to use these interfaces w/o
prompts and that's the motivation for the general TEMP policy.