Re: [FileAPI] FileReader.abort() and File[Saver|Writer].abort have different behaviors

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 7:51 PM, Eric U <ericu@google.com> wrote:

> Again, that's not what the XHR2 spec says.  See my summary up-thread
> about the actual behavior, and Anne can correct my interpretation if
> I'm wrong.

I don't know what you mean by "again"; this is the first time I've described
this behavior.

The spec says "The abort() algorithm can only be terminated by invoking
open() from an event handler."  If you call open() from 5.6.2's onabort,
then step 14 of the open() algorithm terminates abort(), and step 5.6.3
never happens, thus onloadend is never fired and loadstart and loadend
events are mismatched.

 Expecting users to rewrite handlers for XHR to match a new API, where
> it's not necessary for XHR's use, seems wildly optimistic.

I don't know what you're referring to.  If it clearly doesn't work (because
it's throwing an exception), they have to change their code, and it'll be
immediately obvious that they need to do so; there's no optimism involved.

--
Glenn Maynard