Re: [FileAPI] FileReader.abort() and File[Saver|Writer].abort have different behaviors

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Eric U <ericu@google.com> wrote:

> I have a read running, and at some point I abort it--it could be in
> onprogress or elsewhere.  In onabort I start another read.  In
> onloadstart I abort again.  Repeat as many times as you like, then let
> a read complete.  I believe we've specced that the event sequence
> should look like this:
>
> loadstart
> [progress]*
> ------[events from here to XXX happen synchronously, with no queueing]
> abort
> loadstart

abort
> loadstart

XHR handles this by not allowing a new request to be opened until the
abort() method terminates.  Could that be done here?  It seems like an
important thing to be consistent about.

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest/#the-abort-method

--
Glenn Maynard