Re: [DOM3Events] CR

On 9/4/11 12:49 PM, Charles Pritchard wrote:

> Is there a wiki page or other resource for looking into implementation
> status on DOM3Events?
> It's a large spec, and I'd like to plan for it in our internal roadmap.

We will be building a complete test suite and implementation report
during CR phase, which is the traditional time that stuff is done.

Informally, I believe that IE9+ implements all of the normative
assertions in the DOM3 Events spec (there could be minor details that
need better testing), and most of the spec is implemented in other
browsers, since much of it is based on existing browser features.

I think the least coverage is in one of the most important features, the
keyboard model; I would love to see this implemented in more browsers
than just IE, but haven't been able to get anyone to prioritize it yet.
  'mouseenter' and 'mouseleave' also need broader support (John Resig
was just asking me to expedite this the other day, on behalf of jQuery).

> I'm no fan of event.pageX, but it's very heavily used in our code base.
> Our screenX hooks, when written, were targeting Adobe's Flash event
> namespaces. It's mentioned once, in DOM3Events, in the legacy context of
> initMouseEvent.

I believe the right place to deal with that is in the CSS Object Model
specs.

(Snipping discussion of DOM 4.  I don't want to muddy the issue of
moving DOM3 Events to CR with discussions of a later spec.  Those issues
should be dealt with in another thread.)

Regards-
-Doug