Re: [Component Model]: Shadow DOM Subtree per element: One or Many?

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 4:37 AM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Erik Arvidsson <arv@chromium.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 10:44, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org> wrote:
>>> What do you think?
>>
>> +1
>>
>> It would surely allow certain use cases to be covered that are not
>> covered today with form control elements.
>>
>> How about not throwing on new ShadowTree(element) and just append a
>> new shadow root after the existing ones?
>
> That would make the order "as instantiated", which is totally fine by
> me. It would be good to add a use case which describes the need for
> this. Anyone got a good idea? Don't want to reuse Adam's autocomplete
> one, since HTML already provides a solution.

+1 to finding a use case. When I try to think of one, I usually end up
with: I would rather do this using composition. The only benefit of
multiple shadows over composition is that I don’t need to forward most
of the API to the primary part of the composition.

One big question for me is: Do you expect multiple shadows to be
designed to work together, or come from multiple independent sources
(like different script libraries)?