Re: [XHR] support for streaming data

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 21:18:43 +0200, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
wrote:
> On 8/12/11 12:03 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> Before we add yet another set of features, when are we going to attempt
>> to get interoperability on the current feature set?
>
> Some time after adding another set of features, I'd imagine.
> This has always been the way of XHR.

Really? In my experience there has not been much of an attempt to converge
so far.

> We've got a pretty strong case for chunked array buffer as a -single-
> feature. Between Mozilla and WebKit, I'd imagine one of the vendors will
> implement this year.

We'll see.

>> I wrote a test suite of sorts for features prior to XMLHttpRequest
>> Level 2, but so far it has seen little feedback. Also nobody has
>> contributed tests for the new features added to XMLHttpRequest Level 2.
>
> Where's your test set from prior? I'm booked this month, but I'd be
> happy to pick it up next month.

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webapps/file/6631738fc83b/XMLHttpRequest/tests/submissions/Opera
has my tests it seems. (Not sure why they were moved from their original
location without someone telling me.) Feedback and/or new tests would be
awesome, thanks!

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/