Re: Mutation events replacement

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi>wrote:

> FYI, I'm planning to implement the proposal (using vendor prefixed API)
> so that I can create "tryserver" builds.
> I'll post the links to builds here later, hopefully in a few days, when
> I find the time to do the actual implementation.

I don't mean to offend you or despise your effort (I certainly love to see
DOM mutation replacement, and am very grateful for your effort) but I don't
think we have reached a consensus yet as to what API we're implementing.  Of
course, you can always implement any vendor prefixed API you'd like.
 However, as I understand it, our goal here is to deprecate the existing
mutation events and replace it with new API.

Given that, I feel like we should spend a little more time sorting out
details so that we can be reasonably confident that all major browsers will
eventually implement the new API since there are at least 3 conflicting
proposals at the moment.

- Ryosuke