Re: Reference to the HTML specification

On 8/4/11 11:47 AM, ext Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
> Several documents in the WebApps Working Group are linking to HTML, more
> specifically to the WHATWG HTML specification. An example of those is
> Progress Events. This is done for no reason than political as far as I
> can tell. This undermines and is disrespectful the work of the HTML
> Working Group. Unless the WebApps comes up with a set of good reasons of
> why this is done and convince the HTML Working Group, those references
> must be changed in order to publish the documents properly and respect
> the work of the HTML Working Group,

Philippe,

Re the specific case of the Progress Events spec - when it was last
published it included non-normative references to both version of HTML:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/progress-events/#references

May we do that again? (I interpret that to mean the W3C has a fixed
version of HTML and the WHATWG has a tip-of-the-tree version of HTML and
as such, I don't think it  'disses the HTMLWG nor the W3C.)

-AB