Re: publish new WD of DOM Core; deadline August 10

On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 20:24:47 +0200, Adrian Bateman
<adrianba@microsoft.com> wrote:
> 1. We have received feedback from both customers and teams at Microsoft
> that the name DOM Core is causing confusion with the previous versions
> of DOM Core. We request that the specification be named DOM Level 4
> Core. The original Web DOM Core name would also be acceptable.

We already agreed to this name change earlier. Lets not go back and forth
on this.

> 2. The scope of the document is unclear. Microsoft believes that the
> document should focus on core DOM interfaces to improve interoperability
> for DOM Core in the web platform and to incorporate errata. If there are
> problems with
> other specification such as Traversal, those documents should be amended.

The specification already provides a whole framework for defining
traversal. Doing it elsewhere would just be duplicate work.

The "Goals" and "Issues" section should give an indication of the scope of
this document. The document defines the DOM platform.

> This functionality shouldn't be pulled into DOM Core. We believe
> improvements for mutation events should be kept a separate deliverable
> for this working group (ADMN).

I am not sure what ADMN means.

If we want to define mutation events in detail (to avoid past mistakes)
they should be defined in conjunction with methods such as insertBefore(),
etc.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/