Re: UAs shipping unprefixed websocket API implementations?

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 15:48:53 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> http://blog.chromium.org/2011/08/new-websocket-protocol-secure-and.html
> indicates that the Chrome dev channel now has an unprefixed
> implementation of the WebSocket API, as far as I can tell.  Also as far
> as I can tell, the API is not really stabilized yet (e.g. there's the
> big open question about whether the compression stuff is required or
> forbidden).

That was resolved.

> Am I missing something?  Should UAs actually be shipping unprefixed
> websockets at this point?

As long as they keep updating to match the specification it should not be
a huge problem. Note that Chrome was already shipping an unprefixed API to
date, just with an older version of the protocol.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/