Re: CORS/UMP to become joint WebApps and WebAppSec joint deliverable

On Aug 1, 2011, at 20:05 , Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> On Jul 15, 2011, at 7:51 AM, Thomas Roessler wrote:
>>> Joint deliverable seems even worse than moving it.
>>
>> The goal of making this a joint deliverable is to preserve the patent commitments out of webapps.  This was a concern that came up when we proposed moving the document over to webappsec instead of making it a joint one.
>
> Perhaps the charter should be edited to make this clear, so that AC reps will understand that Web Apps would no longer have operational control over these deliverables. (And incidentally, I don't see how that can validly be done without amending the Web Apps WG charter.)

Well, groups can decide to stop working on a deliverable without having to recharter; further, we've had separate groups work on joint deliverables in the past.  In practical terms, the minimum that webapps needs to do is to give its consent to publication and transition decisions; that can easily be done through a call for consensus.  I trust that Art will help to nudge discussions over to the WebAppSec group.

None of that requires charter language beyond what's there already, and none of it requires a rechartering of webapps.