Re: [websockets] Getting WebSockets API to Last Call

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> >> Can you list the reasons for why you don't think we will not need any
> >> of the types listed in the following email:
> >> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011AprJun/0732.html
> >
> > I addressed those in the e-mail you replied to earlier:
> >
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011JulSep/0237.html
>
> This doesn't contain any arguments for why we wouldn't add any of the
> suggested properties in the future. It just gives solutions for what to
> do if we do need to add them. However all the suggested solutions create
> a more complex platform than if we simply make the second argument an
> object now.

We wouldn't add timeout to the constructor because there's no benefit to
putting that on the constructor.

We wouldn't put priority on the constructor because that would be a
per-message feature.

We wouldn't put encryption in the constructor because that's handled by
TLS already.