Re: Mutation events replacement

On 30/06/11 22:42, Ryosuke Niwa wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:15 PM, David Flanagan <dflanagan@mozilla.com
> <mailto:dflanagan@mozilla.com>> wrote:
>
>     avoid the need to maintain a list of pending callbacks.
>

> Yeah, this is one reason I like Rafael's proposal of having a list of
> mutations.  In many editing apps, you want to get a list of mutation
> events for each editing action or execCommand call instead of
> receiving a mutation event for each DOM mutation and having to pile
> them up.

Agreed.

In editing apps, you may need to temporarily disable mutation events
whilst making some changes that you don't want to get mutation events
for. The obvious way is to remove your mutation event listeners, but
what are overheads of that, and is it worth considering alternative
lighter weight means to prevent the changes you are making feed into the
list of pending callbacks?

--
  Dave Raggett<dsr@w3.org>  http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett