Re: Web IDL Garden Hose

On Sep 28, 2009, at 11:34 PM, Yehuda Katz wrote:

> It would be pretty nice if the language bindings of WebIDL were
> available in pure ES, where possible. To some degree, that is not
> currently possible (in ES3), but it will be a lot better in ES5. I
> think it might actually be possible to get a large degree of
> completion just using the JavaScript available in Spidermonkey.

What do you mean by "available"? A lot of Web IDL interfaces are
actually implementable in ES5 (at least the interface part - not
necessarily the underlying functionality without relying on APIs
outside the language). Using ES5 as the reference baseline would help
make this more clear perhaps.

  - Maciej