RE: Web IDL Garden Hose

The primary concern of TC39 members is with the WebIDL ECMAScript bindings.  I haven't yet heard any particular concerns from TC9 about WebIDL as an abstract language independent interface specification language. Since W3C seems committed to defining language independent APIs, I would think that the language independent portion of the WebIDL spec. would be the only possible blocker to other new specs.

It seems like this might be a good reason to decouple the specification of the actual WebIDL language from the specification of any of its language bindings.

Allen Wirfs-Brock
Microsoft