Re: Web IDL Garden Hose (was: ECMA TC 39 / W3C HTML and WebApps WG coordination)

The specific problem is that host objects cannot necessarily match the
semantics of ES5, and for that reason the interaction of host objects
with the ES5 semantics is unclear.  There are additional concerns --
various es5 features expose the underlying implementation mechanisms
of the binding -- for instance using get or set properties on a dom
binding would require getOwnPropertyDescriptor to expose that
implementation detail.

--Oliver